Review: Lilash Eyelash Growth Stimulator Review

My first review will be of Lilash because I bought Lilash three weeks ago on Ebay after reading many positive reviews about the product. It was expensive, but I went for it anyways. My curiousity go the best of me. Some people have written that their eyes were sensitive to the product, which made me hesitant to buy it at first. However, I decided that i could always rinse it out of my eyes if it started to irritate them. I have now been using it for three weeks and I have yet to have any eye irritation to the product. I took a picture before I started using Lilash to use as a basis for comparison. Here is that picture. I will post monthly updates as well so that you can see the results I'm getting. So far, I have not seen dramatic results, but it has only been three weeks. I apply it every night before going to bed.

BACKGROUND:

Lilash contains trinorprosta which is a type of prostaglandin. Prostaglandins have been used to treat glaucoma for many years. Eyelash growth has was documented as a side effect of glaucoma treatments containing prostaglandins. So beauty companies began putting prostaglandin analogs in their eyelash growth stimulating products. According to the ingredients list on Sephora.com, Peter Thomas Roth's Lashes to Die For Night Time Eyelash Conditioning Treatment also containes trinorprosta (20-Trinor-Prosta-5Z).**
ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethlcellulose, panthenol, lupinus Abus Seed Extract, prunus, aymgdalus extract, silica, mutylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, 9 alpha, 15s trihydroxy, trinorprosta, diene, oic acid, isopropl ester. *


Active ingredient: trinorprosta


PROCEDURE:

I apply Lilash along the upper and lower lash line like liquid eyeliner every night before bed.

RESULTS:

The company claims that results can be seen in 4-8 weeks so I will begin posting pictures at week 4.

Week 1
I will post week 1 pictures at the same time as week 4. There is nothing interesting about seeing my original eyelash length until there are results to compare it against, right?

Week 4
Pictures will be posted when 4 weeks have passed.

Week 8
Pictures will be posted when 8 weeks have passed.

* Lilash's website does not list the ingredients for their Lilash product. I found this ingredient list on a blog. The company does however list the ingredients for their LiBrow product on their website in the LiBrow question and asnwer section. The ingredients for LiBrow are as follows: Water, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Krameria Triandra Root Extract, Sarothamnus Scorparius Extract, Jagulans Regia (Walnut Leaf) Extract, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Panthenol, Saccharomyces Copper Fermant, Saccharomyces Manganese Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Biotin, Methylchioroisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, 15S-Trihydroxy-17-Phenyl-18, 19,
20-Trinor-Prosta-5Z, 13E-Diene-1-Oic Acid, Isopropyl Ester

** Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For Night Time Eyelash Conditioning Treatment ingredients: Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate Cyclodextrin N-[2-Hydroxy-1-Hydroxymethyl)Ethyl]-9-Oxo-11.Alpha.,15s-Dihydroxy-17-Phenyl-18,19,
20-Trinor-Prosta-5z,13e-Dien-1-Amide, Triethanolamine, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Alcohol.

Mission

I am a biomedical engineer with a passion for beauty. In my spare time, I love searching for published clinical research studies for popular beauty ingredients. We are constantly being barraged by images in magazines and commercials. How do you know what works best? The closest thing you can get to a trustworthy source is a randomized control trial. So when I am researching ingredients or investigate findings to back up claims in various media sources, I will share the conclusions from clinical research studies that I find here on this blog.